Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Heart of Friendship

Davin and I have been friends with Keith, Darlene, Buster and Krista for many years. We have experienced both the worst and the best that life has to offer over the years of our friendship. We don't like each other all of the time. We don't agree about everything. We know how to goad each other, and build each other up. We've laughed, cried, and hopefully matured a bit over the years. I can count on them to be there for me when I need them. I cherish their friendship.

Several times a year, usually for a holiday, we go out together to a nice place and eat dinner. I received an email from Melyn a few weeks ago telling me about a "Murder Mystery Dinner" fundraiser in Guymon. I remember thinking that kinda sounds like fun (my new year's resolution of stepping out of my box and saying yes to things is kicking in here). We bought tickets, got commitments from our cronies, and we were set. I must say that we had a great time. I think that even if it had been the worst show and food on earth, we would have had fun just hanging out with our cronies. On Valentine's Day, I am mindful that this is the heart of friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment