Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yeah, We Eat Ice Cream Out of Coffee Mugs....So What?

The other night Wid and I were watching the end of "Crazy Heart" which we watched the next night with Peter because it's so good; you should definitely check it out. Anyways, Patrick had some friends over and he comes into the living room and asks Wid why we eat ice cream out of coffee mugs (one of his friends thought it was weird) Wid just explained cause that's what Papoo did. It had never occurred to me that eating ice cream out of a coffee mug isn't how people normally like their ice cream. At my house we eat it out of coffee mugs too, well except when my brothers decide that the size of a mug just isn't enough. There's no telling why Papoo ate ice cream out of a coffee mug; it's probably just one of those things that he did, or it could've been that he finished his coffee and would put a scoop of ice cream in it for a mid-morning snack. Papoo loved his ice cream, I'm pretty sure that has passed down through every one of his children and their children. Also, not only do we all like ice cream, we all seem to have a thing for Blue Bell.


Multiple pages on Google images and this is the ONLY one that I can find....must not be a common thing.

Next weekend I get to see my mom, dad, Reid, Noni, and much more of my family because I am going to Dallas where we are all going to a Texas Rangers' game and seeing Robert Earl Keen in concert. I am so excited about the weekend and am really looking forward to it.

Anyways, over and out. SOTD

1 comment:

  1. I do this too!!!! My whole family does :) It's really the only way to eat ice cream if ya ask me lol

    ReplyDelete