Sunday, June 5, 2011

Family Movie Night..It's How We Roll

Recently Wid has discovered that Netflix has tons of great old movies available streaming. So at the Comer house we have recently started "Family Movie Night." After dinner we all get together downstairs and watch whatever movie we have picked out on the instant que. A couple of nights ago we watched "Stand and Deliver." I had seen the movie and it's definitely a favorite of mine; I think the boys enjoyed it as well.



Last night we watched "Lost Boys" and let me tell you the 80s definitely produced horror. The soundtrack of the movie was great just as Wid had said and there was action, blood, and suspense throughout the movie.


I'm usually not the easiest person to watch movies with because I'm not good at concentrating or staying still for too long; however, compared to how much the boys talk during movies, watching a movie with me would be a piece of cake. Sometimes they are just provoking whoever will respond to their remarks, that is until they are genuinely interested in the movie. They are fun to watch movies with, even if they do ask endless questions.

Tonight I have been told we are having comedy night, I am not sure what's in store but I know one thing: I will be in great company. The movies we watch are great even if we do occasionally argue over what to watch before there is a compromise. In all honesty though, it's not really even about the great flicks that we view, it's about doing something together as a family. I know I have a great time watching movies with everyone and seeing as how anyone in the house has yet to skip out, I'm guessing everyone else does too. As Wid would tell me, "Family Movie Night, be there or be square."


SOTD

No comments:

Post a Comment