Monday, July 4, 2011

It's the Name Game

Some people like nicknames, some don't, around this house though there isn't a choice, not even for the cats. I love nicknames and always have; I think they are fun and in a way are an expression of endearment. Everyone at this house has a nickname, sometimes that is mistaken for their real name. The cats for instance, one is named Nina, but not really....her name is Fiddy, Fiddy Phat Phat. One of Wid's (see there we go again) friends called the house the other day asking if Fiddy's real name was Nina because Will had called the cat Nina and she hadn't known who Will was talking about or something. The boys started calling me Anne Leigh when I first moved in but it didn't stick much...then they started calling me Lan, which stuck like glue. I have people back home who call me Lan so it's easy to answer to.

We have fun with our names and everything else. Recently the boys have been on a mission to get me to buy the board game Risk; I'm totally up for the game, especially since they seem to think that they will win (we will see). Everyone will be leaving soon and I can only imagine how quite the house will be, I'll definitely miss everyone, especially the boys no matter how crazy they drive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment